Dila ng Mt. Maculot at Cuenca, Batangas

January 20, 2013

Climb Itinerary | Mt. Maculot (Rockies)
Our Climb Date: January 19, 2013 (Saturday)
Mountain: Mt. Maculot (Rockies) Jump off: Rockies Trail, Cuenca, Batangas Difficulty: 3/9 Minor Climb, (Rockies Summit)
Climb: Dayhike
Budget: P600
Our 6am call time was delayed because my outgoing buddy, Jessica, was two hours late. I was really disappointed because we didn’t know that she’ll be coming from Quezon City. However, my frowned face lightened up when I saw her. At last, my friends and I can now start the trip. We’re just five in the group: me, Laura (my sister), Angel and boyfriend (Perj), and Jessica.
My first climb this year was at Mt. Maculot in Cuenca, Batangas. The most exciting part here was to reach the so-called Dila ng Maculot. So I have to find out myself, why is it called “Dila.”
My friends and I sticked to the 600-pesos budget, including transportation and food allowance just in case we get starve after the climb. We rode a van bound to Lemery Batangas which costed 150pesos per person.
It was a two-hour ride since our group assembled at Dasmariñas, Cavite. The van dropped us at Cuenca, Batangas then took a tricycle ride to Rockies jump-off, 25pesos per person. The tricycle passed by to the registration site and we paid 10pesos.
Then we started the trek…
L-R: My sister, me, Angel, and Jessica at the entry point.

Going up!

The trek was not difficult at all but it was really tiring. All the way up, I noticed that there were buko stations. We thought that the place is somehow commercialized because it is an indication that there were too many people who go there.

Buko station on our way up.
 Of course, we didn’t forget to bring our kamatis and itlog na maalat for our late lunch.
Then we started walking again headed to “Dila ng Maculot Rockies”

 The mountain looks like a dila. Is this the reason why they call it “Dila ng Maculot?”
 A view at Taal lake.
 Really, I wasn’t scared of its beauty!
 If you thought you’ve already seen the Dila, you are wrong because this is the so-called Dila ng Mt. Maculot from the top view. It was called Dila because this big rock is protruded from the edge of the mountain. 


 My sister and I goofing around.

2 comments:

  1. Hi can I ask where did you ride your van from dasmarinas? Is it the terminal beside giligan's in pala pala? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Theme images by blue_baron. Powered by Blogger.